Join us for the first 2019 ComSoc YP Webinar: “Bringing the Power of AI to IoT”, by Dennis Zarate Torres
📆 Date: February 27th
🕓 Time: 7:00 PM (GMT-5)
🌐 Register at this link.
The Internet of Things (IoT) presents an opportunity to collect a lot information about every physical events and operation of a business. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is playing a growing role in IoT applications and deployments, a shift apparent in the behavior of companies and makers operating in this area.
By 2020, more than 50 billion devices will be connected through radio communications. In conjunction with the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) market, low power wide area networks (LPWAN) is a quickly emerging area of the IoT and represents a huge market opportunity as the IoT scales.
AI-powered IoT can also help improve operational efficiency. Just as machine learning can predict equipment failure, it can predict operating conditions and identify parameters to be adjusted. There is big opportunity for those businesses that can convert raw IoT data into business insights, and the key to doing so lies within effective data analytic.
In this webinar we will discuss different topics:
– Data value chain in IoT
– Importance massive IoT of LPWAN technologies (Sigfox, LoRa,NB-IoT and LTE-M).
– Power of IoT an AI
– Use cases and opportunities of IOT & AI
– Challenges of IoT & AI in implementation
We are happy to announce our presence at IEEE ICC. You can find our event’s details below.
This year at GLOBECOM 2017, we are organising a ComSoc Young Professionals Event on the 5th of December 2107 along with IEEE Young Professionals (YP), IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) and IEEE ComSoc Women in Communications Engineering (WICE). You can find more information about this event here.
We are also looking for submissions for the following awards (click on the awards for more information):
We have done three interviews with our ICC’17 Award Recipients. Check them out here:
- Interview with Josep Miquel Jornet, recipient of the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Innovation Award 2017 (given at IEEE ICC)
- Interview with Shreyasee Mukherjee, recipient of the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Abstract Presentation Award 2017 (given at IEEE ICC)
- Interview with Neetesh Saxena, recipient of the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award 2017 (given at IEEE ICC)
At GLOBECOM 2016, we have organised a successful lounge event featuring an award ceremony, panel discussion and a reception. Some pictures from the event can be found below.