IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Abstract Submission (ICC’17)
The IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) Young Professionals (YPs) and Women in Communications Engineering (WICE) committee will select the submitted abstract for both academia and industry areas. The winners will present their ideas to the audience during the IEEE ComSoc YP and WICE Luncheon on Wednesday, May 24 at ICC 2017, in Paris, France. The selected will have a private meeting with ComSoc Experts to interact and discuss about their concerns on research/career developments and receive valuable feedbacks.
Rules & Eligibility
In order to be eligible for IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Abstract Presentation, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must be YPs, i.e., the nominees must have received their first post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s level or an associate degree) within the past 15 years, relative to the nomination deadline. If this criterion is not met, the nominee must have “opted-in” to the IEEE Young Professional membership.
- Nominees are required to be members of the IEEE Communications Society.
- Nominees are required to be PhD students and/or junior employees of a company/start-up.
- Nominees from any country are eligible.
- Previous recipients of the IEEE Best ComSoc YP in Academia and Industry Award are not eligible.
- Previous recipients of the 2017 IEEE WCNC YP Best Paper and Best Innovation Awards are not eligible.
To be nominated for the IEEE ComSoc YP and WICE Abstract Presentation the candidates must submit by
May 1, 2017 May 8, 2017 (extended) May 12, 2017 (extended – final) via email to comsocYP@comsoc.org the following material in a single pdf file:
- Nominee’s contact info and detailed status (PhD student and/or junior employee)
- Abstract describing his/her own idea about a selected hot topic in communications for academia and/or industry. Nominees may select a topic he/she thinks maybe of interest to YP and/or WICE audience and propose a solution to the problem. Abstract length: up to 200 words.
- Screen shot of the nominee’s membership status.
Please indicate in the subject of the email the following: “Nomination for the IEEE ComSoc YP and WICE Abstract Presentation”
Results and Awards
The two winners of the IEEE ComSoc YP and WICE Abstract Presentation, one from academia and one from the industry, will be announced during the IEEE ComSoc Young Professional & WICE Luncheon on Wednesday, May 24 at ICC 2017, in Paris, France, where the selected presenters will present their ideas to the audience. Abstract presentation for each area (i.e. academia and industry) would not be more than 4 minutes.
 A company employee is considered junior if he/she has been hired within the past one year.