IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Innovation Award
The IEEE ComSoc Young Professionals and Women in Communications Engineering Standing Committees are presenting the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Innovation Award during IEEE ICC 2017. The purpose is to provide a platform for ComSoc YPs and Women to be recognized for their innovative ideas and to inspire all YPs and women to contribute their very best to the field.
Rules & Eligibility
In order to be eligible for the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Innovation Award the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must be YPs, i.e., the nominees must have received their first post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s level or an associate degree) within the past 15 years, relative to the nomination deadline. If this criterion is not met, the nominee must have “opted-in” to the IEEE Young Professional membership.
- Nominees are required to be members of IEEE ComSoc.
- Nominees from any country are eligible.
- Previous recipients of the IEEE Best ComSoc YP in Academia and Industry Award are not eligible.
- Previous recipient of the 2017 IEEE WCNC YPs Best Innovation Award is not eligible.
- The award must be received by the winner in person at ICC 2017. No award will be made in absentia, except under extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the IEEE ComSoc YP/WICE Awards committee.
- No hard rule about the submission format. The nominee may choose to submit his/her own idea in the format he/she likes. Examples include:
- Demo (presentation, video..)
- Proof of Concept
- Company internal document
Note: Nominees should make sure they have the right to share the information submitted in the public domain.
- Nominees should show proof that he/she is an inventor or co-inventor of the idea.
- The IEEE ComSoc YP/WICE Awards Committee will judge the presented ideas not the candidates’ (e.g. profiles, CV, reference letters, etc).
To be nominated for the award the candidates must submit by May 1, 2017 via email to comsocYP@comsoc.org the following material in a single pdf file:
- Authors’ contact info
- Own idea in the format he/she likes
- Screen shot of the nominee’s membership status.
Please indicate in the subject of the email the following: “Nomination for the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Innovation Award”
Results and Awards
The IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Innovation Award recipient will be announced during the ComSoc Young Professional & WICE Luncheon on Wednesday, May 24 at ICC 2017, in Paris, France.