IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award (ICC’17)
The IEEE ComSoc Young Professionals and Women in Communications Engineering Standing Committees are presenting the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award during IEEE ICC 2017. The purpose of this is two-fold:
- To acknowledge and promote worldwide the remarkable achievements of Young Professionals (YPs) and Women to the communications field.
- To encourage effective participation of YPs and Women in IEEE, ComSoc, and the IEEE Young Professionals community.
Rules & Eligibility
In order to be eligible for IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must be YPs, i.e., the nominees must have received their first post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s level or an associate degree) within the past 15 years, relative to the nomination deadline. If this criterion is not met, the nominee must have “opted-in” to the IEEE Young Professional membership.
- Nominees are required to be members of the IEEE Communications Society.
- Nominees from any country are eligible.
- Nominees must be an author/co-author of a paper accepted to be published at the ICC 2017
- Previous recipients of the IEEE Best ComSoc YP in Academia and Industry Award are not eligible.
- Previous recipient of the 2017 IEEE WCNC YPs Best Paper Award is not eligible.
- The award must be received by the winner in person at ICC 2017. No award will be made in absentia, except under extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the IEEE ComSoc YP/WICE Awards committee.
To be nominated for the award the candidates must submit by May 1, 2017 via email to comsocYP@comsoc.org the following material in a single pdf file:
- Authors’ contact info and ICC 2017 paper info
- ICC 2017 paper
- A screen shot (from EDAS) in which both the paper status (accepted) and the scores (with comments) are visible
- Screen shot of the nominee’s membership status
Please indicate in the subject of the email the following: “Nomination for the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award”
Results and Awards
The IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award recipient will be announced during the ComSoc Young Professional & WICE Luncheon on Wednesday, May 24 at ICC 2017, in Paris, France.