IEEE ComSoc YPs Best Paper Award
The IEEE ComSoc Young Professionals Standing Committee is presenting the IEEE ComSoc YPs Best Paper Award during IEEE GLOBECOM 2017. The purpose of this is two-fold:
- To acknowledge and promote worldwide the remarkable achievements of Young Professionals (YPs) in the communications field.
- To encourage effective participation of YPs in IEEE, ComSoc, and the IEEE Young Professionals community.
Rules & Eligibility
In order to be eligible for the IEEE ComSoc YPs Best Paper Award, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must be YPs, i.e., the nominees must have received their first post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s level or an associate degree) within the past 15 years, relative to the nomination deadline. If this criterion is not met, the nominee must have “opted-in” to the IEEE Young Professional membership.
- Nominees are required to be members of the IEEE Communications Society.
- Nominees from any country are eligible.
- Nominees must be an author/co-author of a paper accepted to be published at the GLOBECOM 2017
- Previous recipients of the following awards are not eligible:
- IEEE Best ComSoc YP in Academia Award
- IEEE Best ComSoc YP in Industry Award
- IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award
- 2017 IEEE WCNC YPs Best Paper Award
- The award must be received by the winner in person at GLOBECOM 2017. No award will be made in absentia, except under extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the IEEE ComSoc YP Awards committee.
To be nominated for the award the candidates must submit by
October 31 November 6 (extended), 2017 via email to comsocYP@comsoc.org the following material in a single pdf file:
- Authors’ contact info and GLOBECOM 2017 paper info
- GLOBECOM 2017 paper
- A screen shot (from EDAS) in which both the paper status (accepted) and the scores (with comments) are visible
- Screen shot of the nominee’s membership status
Please indicate in the subject of the email the following: “Nomination for the IEEE ComSoc YPs Best Paper Award”
Results and Awards
The IEEE ComSoc YPs Best Paper Award recipient will be announced during the Young Professional + WICE+ WIE event on Tuesday, December 5th at IEEE GLOBECOM 2017, in Singapore (please register to the event for free on this link).
The winners will each receive a plaque and complementary registration to the COMSOC YP Event. Note: Transportation and accommodation are excluded. The winners will also be featured on the COMSOC YP website and other social media outlets (i.e. Facebook and Twitter). In addition, they will have the chance to be interviewed regarding their accomplishments and these interviews will be published on the COMSOC YP website and ComSoc YP social media outlets.