IEEE ComSoc YP Best Paper Award (WCNC’17)
The IEEE ComSoc Young Professionals is presenting IEEE ComSoc Young Professional (YP) Best Paper Award during IEEE WCNC 2017. The purpose of the IEEE ComSoc Best YP Paper Award is two-fold:
- To acknowledge and promote worldwide the remarkable achievements of Young Professionals (YPs) to the communications field.
- To encourage effective participation of YPs in IEEE, ComSoc, and the IEEE Young Professionals community.
Rules & Eligibility:
In order to be eligible for IEEE ComSoc YP Best Paper award, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must be YPs, i.e., the nominees must have received their first post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s level or an associate degree) within the past 15 years, relative to the nomination deadline. If this criterion is not met, the nominee must have “opted-in” to the IEEE Young Professional membership.
- Nominees are required to be members of IEEE and preferably, members of ComSoc.
- Nominees from any country are eligible.
- Nominees must be an author/co-author of a paper accepted to be published at the WCNC 2017.
- Previous recipients of the 2016 IEEE Best ComSoc YP in Academia and Industry Award are not eligible.
- The awards must be received by the winners in person at WCNC 2017. No award will be made in absentia, except under extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the IEEE ComSoc YP Best Paper Award Selection Committee.
To be nominated for the award the candidates must submit their contact info and their WCNC 2017 accepted paper info, by February 10, 2017 via email to comsocYP@comsoc.org. Please indicate in the subject of the email the following: “Nomination for the IEEE ComSoc YP Best Paper Award“.
Results and Awards:
The IEEE ComSoc YP Best Paper Award recipient will be announced during the ComSoc Young Professionals luncheon event on Wednesday, March 22nd at WCNC 2017, in San Francisco, USA.